PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
We are Aardman Animations Limited, and we are really pleased that you’ve chosen to visit our friend Morph on our website.
This site is operated by Aardman Animations Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 02050843 and have our registered office at Gas Ferry Road, Bristol, BS1 6UN. Our VAT number is GB609301172.
If you have any questions, concerns or would like to contact us about this website, please get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS AND POLICIES
- From time to time we may run competitions on our site. If so, the terms and conditions for these competitions will be set out at the bottom of this page. Please note that there may be more than one competition running at the same time, in which case there will be a separate set of competition terms and conditions for each competition.
By using our site, you are also confirming that you (or your parent or guardian) have read and accept the terms and policies listed above.
USE OF THIS SITE
This site is available for your own, personal use. It is not intended to be used for any form of commercial purpose or business activity.
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- in any way that may be harmful to any person, or in any way that may cause damage to any property (including this website or any other website);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit, send or upload any data or material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to:
- otherwise do anything that will interrupt, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site or any equipment, software or network that we use to make our site available.
Our site is designed for people living in the United Kingdom and when you use the site you must comply with all laws that apply in the United Kingdom. If you live outside the United Kingdom you may visit our site, however we cannot guarantee that our site or any content that is available through our site is appropriate for use in other countries or territories. It is your responsibility to check that your use of our site is compliant with any laws or regulations that apply where you live.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Any content you upload or send to us:
- should be your own work and should not copy anybody else’s work (i.e. it must be a drawing you made or a photo you took, rather than a drawing or photo you have taken from someone else), or if it is somebody else’s work then you must have permission from that person to upload or send that content to us;
- must not be misleading, rude, offensive, violent, hateful, threatening, discriminatory, sexual, obscene, inappropriate, or otherwise illegal, unlawful or objectionable in any way;
- must not contain any advertising for any products or services (because advertising is regulated and must comply with applicable rules);
- should not include any characters that are not Aardman characters, or any other elements (e.g. character names, company names or logos) that are owned by other people or companies (because we may not be allowed to display these on our site); and
- must comply and any other rules we post on our site that relate to uploading or sending content to us.
You warrant (i.e. legally promise to us) that your content does comply with the rules above, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer, and any costs we incur, as a result of your breach of warranty.
Although we may do so, we are not obliged to review content that is submitted to us or to the site.
You are responsible for any content you upload to the site or send to us to upload to the site. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for any content uploaded by you or any other user of our site. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We may delete, edit, lock, move or remove any content without notice and for any reason. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
WHAT HAPPENS TO CONTENT YOU UPLOAD
You retain all of your ownership rights in any content you upload or send to us.
Subject to your ownership rights, for any content you upload or send to us you automatically:
- grant Aardman and our group companies a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, perpetual, world-wide licence to use, store, copy, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content on and through the site and in any other form or medium; and
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
- we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity;
If you are a business user:
- we exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it;
- we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of or inability to use our site, or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site;
- in particular we will not be liable for: loss of profits, sales, business of revenue; business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We accept no responsibility or liability for the conduct of any user of our site.
Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting the liability of Aardman Animations Limited or our group companies where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
AARDMAN’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and in the material published on it, including all information, data, text, music, sounds, photographs, graphics and videos, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code, software compilations and other materials available on or embodied within the site (“Materials”). All Materials are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by us.
You can view, print or download extracts of the Materials for your own personal use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form or otherwise use the Materials (other than content posted by you) without our express permission. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the author(s) and/or owner(s) of the Materials must always be acknowledged.
You may reasonably draw the attention of others to content posted on our site but you must not otherwise frame or link to the site or any part of it without our permission.
You must not use any part of the Materials for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and characters contained on or in the site (“Trade Marks”) are owned by us, our group companies or our third party partners. You cannot use, copy, edit, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit or disseminate the Trade Marks without the prior written consent of Aardman or our relevant group company or our relevant third party partner.
ACCESS TO AND AVAILABILITY OF OUR SITE
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it (including text, images, sounds, videos or interactive features like games), will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue, change or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site without notice at any time for business and operational reasons. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION ON OUR SITE
The site is provided on an “as is” basis and the content on our site is provided for general information only. The content on our site is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content displayed on our site at any time. Although we make reasonable efforts to check and update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete, up-to-date, fit for any particular purpose or compatible with any third party systems. To the fullest extent permitted by law, all such terms and warranties are hereby excluded and any use of the site or its content by you is done as your own risk.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your technology in order to access our site and you should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and we assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We do not generally advertise third party products or services on our site. If any adverts do appear on our site then we accept no responsibility for the content of those adverts. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises on our site, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, not Aardman, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any queries or complaints in relation to them, your only recourse is against the advertiser.
BREACH OF THESE TERMS BY YOU
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site, including suspending or restricting your access to our site or certain parts of it.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any content uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Every time you visit our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time as they are binding on you. No other variation to these Terms shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorised representative on behalf of Aardman.
These terms were last updated on 31 October 2018.
To contact us, please email us at: email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Prize competition terms and conditions
1. These terms and conditions relate to the Morph in the World photo competition, July 2019.
2. The promoter of this competition is Aardman Animations Limited, Gas Ferry Road, Bristol, BS1 6UN (“Aardman”).
3. This competition is open globally to fans aged thirteen (13) and over, except for employees of Aardman, their families or agents, or any third party directly associated with this competition. If you are under 13 please ask a parent or guardian to take part on your behalf.
4. Multiple entries from a single person are permitted.
5. The competition is free to enter.
6. The competition is to win one (1) Morph in the World trophy created by Aardman (including postage).
7. The competition opens at 12.00 pm (UK time) on 29th JULY 2019 and closes at 5.00 pm (UK time) on 9th SEPTEMBER 2019 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received outside of these times will not be accepted.
8. To enter, entrants must create their own Morph in the World picture, and submit via email to MorphCreations@aardman.com by the Closing Date – We will then upload your entry to our competition gallery https://amazingmorph.com/gallery/
9. Aardman accepts no responsibility for entries that are not successfully submitted or received for any reason.
10. Competition entries will be judged by a panel of Aardman judges, led by Morph’s co-creator Peter Lord, based on creativity, theme and imagination. The judges will select ONE (1) winner based on these criteria. The decision of the judges (acting reasonably) will be final. Within thirty (30) days after the Closing Date interested persons can request, and Aardman will provide, the names of the judges. Such requests should be emailed to FANS@AARDMAN.COM
11. The winner will be notified by email and asked to reply to MorphCreations@aardman.com with their contact details to claim their prize. This should be done within a reasonable time after the Closing Date. If a winner does not respond to Aardman within a reasonable time (being at least fourteen (14) days) after being notified that they are a winner, then that winner’s prize will be forfeited and Aardman will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
12. The prize will be sent to the winner within twenty one (21) days of providing their contact details.
13. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. Aardman reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances make this necessary.
14. Entries to the competition must not contain or comprise items, text or images which are in any way obscene, defamatory, libellous, discriminatory, hateful or violent (including inciting hatred or violence), unlawful in any way (including breaching the copyright or other rights of any third party), or otherwise offensive, upsetting or objectionable in any way. Entries should also not contain any pictures or videos of the person submitting the entry.
15. The decision of Aardman regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
16. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Aardman reserves the right to not accept entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions, or to refuse entry to, or to refuse to award the prize to, any person who is in breach of these terms and conditions.
17. Aardman reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend this competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
18. Aardman does not claim any rights of ownership in your competition entry. However, by submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material to Aardman you acknowledge and agree that you are granting Aardman a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence your competition entry and any accompanying materials for our business purposes, including displaying your competition entry on Aardman’s website(s) and/or sharing it on Aardman’s social media channels.
19. The winner’s first name may be posted on our websites and/or social media channels that relate to the competition. In addition, and in accordance with applicable competition rules (including the CAP code), the winner’s first name, surname and county can be obtained by sending an email to FANS@AARDMAN.COM within thirty (30) days after the Closing Date. Entrants acknowledge that if they are a winner then their first name may be displayed on websites and/or social media, and their first name, surname and county/region may be made available to individuals who request this information within the timeframe above. Further information about the CAP code is available at https://www.asa.org.uk/about-asa-and-cap.html.
21. The competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. If you have any questions about this competition, or about any other competitions we have run previously, please get in touch with us on FANS@AARDMAN.COM.